Blackstone Hotel Chicago
Renovation of a dormant historic hotel into a luxury Marriott Renaissance. The new Renaissance Blackstone features guestrooms, historic meeting space, a signature restaurant with sweeping vistas of Grant Park and a street level lounge outdoor café. LLA Architects of Chicago are the Architects of Record.
The Blackstone, considered Chicago’s finest example of a turn-of-the century luxury hotel, was the tallest building in Chicago when built in 1909. The Beaux-Art architectural landmark was named for Timothy Blackstone, President of the Chicago Alton Railway Company, whose mansion had stood on the site. Twelve US Presidents have stayed there, and the “Hotel of Presidents” was declared a Chicago Landmark on April 28, 1998.